Thursday, July 4, 2013

Louis's Breakfast


This photo is the Sepia Saturday prompt this week. The plaque is in Arbois, France, on a pillar dedicated to Louis Pasteur and his achievements.We bloggers try to follow the theme, in some vague way, as a seed in our thoughts. Sepia Saturday provides bloggers with an opportunity to share their history through the medium of photographs. Historical photographs of any age or kind become the launchpad for explorations of family history, local history and social history in fact or fiction, poetry or prose, words or further images. Click here to learn more.



An official apology

I am afraid it is Wimbledon week and I have little time to think about Louis Pasteur. Anyway, he is French, and it is considered polite in English society just to ignore the French (the men anyway...), as they love to attract attention.

So I am afraid I have not had any time to look for photos this week, but please..........do watch this Youtube, and you may hopefully feel extremely educated about this simple French discovery....






Vive Bartoli !!!!!!



15 comments:

  1. I hate cleaning a pan after boiling milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky Wimbledon is on so late at night here (Australia), otherwise I would 'lose' all my days too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting breakfast. I miss playing the piano like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eureka! Our state motto here in California. There's nothing like a bit of discovery with breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never have piano playing with my breakfast, and you might also want to know that I never serve "mouse casserole" either. BTW I got a kick out of your comment on the Barney story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My French is pretty rusty, but I know the "M" word when I hear it, thanks to my French-Canadian grandmother, who used it with great frequency! Funny, funny post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ack! Don't let the milk boil!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's very interesting to know who will go to such lengths to set-up a good joke. Merci beaucoup, Monsieur Aspdin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't stay long Bartoli is on in 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So funny, enjoy your tennis!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever Nigel; positively bubbling over with fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you going to do a video about the Murray win? That should be even better.
    Congrats to all of you in England for a great day and great win. That was a spectacular match, a real nail biter. Thought I was going to throw up my strawberries and cream almost like your milk boiling over.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, what excitement, what tension, and may I say also, how gracious Djokovic was in defeat, which made the end all the more enjoyable for us viewers. So we got our winner in the mens, and I picked the winner in the ladies although, I have to say poor Bartoli did not attract the audience like Lisicki did with her tears and youthful charm, so I was glad to be her only supporter in front of out TV!

      Delete
  13. A long time ago I spent an evening in Montmartre with an old WW2 British pilot. Along with his secretary and my two friends, we spent an evening in a restaurant watching the old pilot and the French waiters exchange rudeness to each other. It was a bit like a volley in a tennis tournament. That night I don't recall any clear winner.

    ReplyDelete