Friday, May 17, 2013

How to get back pain.....Sepia Saturday 177

This photo is the Sepia Saturday prompt this week. We bloggers try to follow the theme, in some vague way, as a seed in our thoughts. Sepia Saturday provides bloggers with an opportunity to share their history through the medium of photographs. Historical photographs of any age or kind become the launchpad for explorations of family history, local history and social history in fact or fiction, poetry or prose, words or further images. Click here to learn more.


Problem !!

I told you last week I was having a gardening purge.......remember? Well now I am suffering. Most gardeners will understand the result of spring enthusiasm.

When you are stiff and sore from gardening, and then you have to blog for Sepia Saturday at your computer for long periods, it's best if you vary your position and posture periodically. We know we shouldn't sit for too long without taking a break to stretch and move around, but we forget, and then pay for it at the end of the day. In order to prevent chronic back & neck pain, here is an an excellent stretch that is suggested to relieve the stress and pain.





I hope to be back next week !!






The End

16 comments:

  1. A very appropriate cartoon, Nigel. I think you should post that on Sepia Saturday's FB page :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA HA -- yeah, don't look for a picture of me in that position. I hate when my feet get in the way of the keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn. That old pictures still going around. My hair looks much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, she is quite handy in her all around duties at the office isn't she! Great cartoon too! I do know how your feeling, as I too have been nearly breaking my back from gardening and getting the yard into good shape again! You'd think with what we do all year that this wouldn't be so back breaking....but just get the muscles back into summer yard mode! Enjoy you weekend and ease into it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Multi-tasking is the bane of modern life. The spring season has exploded this week after weeks of cold and rain. It's very hard to type with gardening gloves. Or Wellington boots too for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another post, which has made me smile today.

    It is cold and overcast here today so it is a perfect day to stay inside on the computer! It feels like Winter is here already unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I have gad a minor operation on my leg this week I am forced to sit and watch my garden grow; there is no way I could ever get in that position at my computer at the best of times. I could do with a barrow load of that cartoon stuff to fertilise my garden - as it is I can't even collect the horse droppings that the horses from the riding school leave on the road past our house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whaaatt! My tummy is getting bigger from all this sitting at the comp. I wonder if I can do that... looks cheaper than tummy tuck. Now off to try that at home (outdoors right now).

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't manage that position even when I was in my teens! Now it looks positively excruciating -- I'm trying to do my gardens in short shifts (I hope "shifts" means time periods for everybody...and not some kind of underwear!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I never heard the word "shifts" in relation to underwear, but now with my expanded knowledge I can quote..... W. Somerset Maugham, The Moon and Sixpence, chapter 47... "Some wear black shifts and flesh-coloured stockings; some with curly hair, dyed yellow, are dressed like little girls in short muslin frocks."

      Delete
  10. I did some gardening the last couple of days. I wanted to get some done since it is finally warmer, and it is supposed to be rainy all week. It is raining and thundering now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha! Another good laugh this morning. Your efforts will result in a beautiful garden - unlike mine which is woefully neglected. I wrote my SS post, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. rainy and thundery here in atlanta too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that cartoon - yes the FB page deserves it. As for that versatile young lady, it makes me wince just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whether you missed the deadline or not, it was a great post. Happy gardening.

    ReplyDelete